Friday, June 5, 2015

Hellooooooo family

Hey you guys it's me Albus. I mean Sister Stephenson. OKAY I AM HAVING THE HARDEST TIME TYPING ON THIS KEYBOARD AND I ONLY HAVE AN HOUR. CAN YOU SAY STRESS??

So it's just been super cray here and I'm still trying to catch my breath to be quite honest haha. I feel like we are CONSTANTLY rushing and I hate that feeling, but we have a schedule to stick to and we're learning to manage our time (slowly but surely). 

My companion's name is Sister Van Uitert and she is from Utah/Indiana. She is six feet tall and has blonde hair and we have lots in common haha. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? I love my district. We have Elder McDonald (District Leader) and Elder Flinders, Elder Barton and Elder Baldwin, and Elder Simister and Elder Terry (Zone Leaders). The boys are all very sweet and I like them a lot more now than I did the first day haha. To be honest the first day i was like COME ON GUYS GROW UP, but my love for them has grown. We have one other female companionship in our district and they are Sisters Erickson (from Roy, Utah) and Bortone (from York, England). You guys, her accent is a dream. Like i wish you could hear it. And she says the cutest things like fancy and bit and other silly words. The first day in the cafeteria she said that her and Sis Erickson got stuck in the "coo" (which apparently means "line" in England) and I was thinking "cou de tat" ??? Is that how you even spell it? Anyways i was like WHAT???? And then she said line haha it was silly. Sister Van Uitert seriously looks like she could be Paige Child's long lost twin. It's kind of creepy. And Sister Bortone looks like Delayne Daniel's long lost twin. And they have a lot of the same mannerisms haha. Seriously, everyone here knows someone here somehow and we are constantly making the strangest connections. 

I loooooooooooove our branch presidency. They are angels. Our president is President Noel and his wife is so funny, she CRACKS THAT WHIP. She's like we're on a mission and time schedule and we have places to go and people to see! Haha it makes me giggle. 

Oh, fun fact about President Noel, he sounds just like President Monson! It is the darnedest (?) thing. This morning we got to see a broadcast of Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral which was cool. Apparently our MTC president, President Burgess had to pull some strings to get that one but that was neato burrito to see that.

We had class this morning but now we have a half Preparation Day (we've been told not to say P Day). We did laundry and bought some things at the bookstore and i picked up my package. :))))) Can't wait to read those letters tonight. It's unfortunate that we have to wait till the evening but rules are rules, and STRICT OBEDIENCE BRINGS MIRACLES. Can't tell you how many times i've heard that in the past 2 and a half days. 

I really love our teachers. We have Brothers Heath, Kottcamp, Gleason, and Anderson, along with Sister Smith. They are all rockstars and their passion for sharing the gospel reminds me of Mikele. :) Elder Gleason makes me giggle because he says things that make himself laugh and he'll giggle and then keep talking HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you guys are enjoying my sporadic use of caps lock. Just keeping you on your toes wink wink.

Sister Van Uitert and I have been assigned to be music coordinators for our branch :))) Oh by the way, right now, our district is the only one in our zone so that's kind of silly but next week we're supposed to get two more districts for our zone. Oh another btw, Sisters Erickson and Bartone (Bortone??) are the Sister Training Leaders. All four of us are in the same room and all we do in the evenings is laugh so that's happy. Both of those sisters are sooooooooooooo boy crazy like you guys have no idea. And to be perfectly honest it's kind of obnoxious but we are trying to love everyone hehe. 

I'm not sure if i'm happy out here but lucky for me i don't have much time to think about it. I miss you guys a lot and get emotional if i think about you. Basically everytime i look out a window and see the valley i want to cry because i think of you guys and being home. I can't believe it's only been like two days. It's felt like years. Okay well i need to zip off a couple other emails before my time is up. I love you all! Kiss Ollie for me. We are in the soul saving business, so let's do this thing. (fist pump)

All of my love, 

Sister Albus (lol)

PS. Sorry if there's just oodles of typos, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO ERASE AND START AGAIN.

If you want to contact me through DearElder.com (it's super handy and i get the letter that same day if you send the email before noon!) my mailbox number is 72. I REPEAT, 72. I think you guys have the rest of the information. :) 

I love you all so much and wish i could have written more. For the rest of my stay here (by the way, they ship us out on June 22) my Preparation Days will be on Fridays. I guess usually we will go to the temple but we didn't today. 

Don't forget little Albus! 

Looooooooove you!

Aly Pally

No comments:

Post a Comment